Trailer Towing Practice, Training & Test
B+E Training & Test
Course & Training for full UK Car Licence Holders
- 1 to 1 Training, just you, your instructor and the training vehicle
- Uninterrupted use of an Off-The-Road Reversing Practice area, as per DVSA test specifications
- Choice of Single Day Session or Intensive Courses
- Available Weekdays 6am to 6.30pm & Weekends and evenings by arrangement
- We pre-book & arrange DVSA Driving Tests to coincide with end of training
- No extra theory tests needed.
3 days including test - 10 hours training including warm-up lesson before weekday test plus use of vehicle & trailer on test.
- Suitable for experienced drivers who are familiar with reversing trailers
- Has a lot of experience reversing up to then hitching and unhitching trailers
- Commit to learning our pre-practical training B+E theory information before driver training commences
- Are familiar with the UK driving test standard as well as with the roads around the test centre.
4 days including test - 14 hours training including warm-up lesson before weekday test plus use of vehicle & trailer on test.
- Suitable for drivers with limited towing & trailer driving experience and little experience with hitching and reversing trailers.
5 days including test - 18 hours training including warm-up lesson before weekday test plus use of vehicle & trailer on test.
- Suitable for drivers with no previous towing & trailer driving experience and no experience with hitching and reversing trailers.
Use our easy, manual vehicle and trailer to get your B+E entitlement to tow trailers. Training from our Wembley/Park Royal Training Centre.
We ask for a bit of notice of your booking, but if you want to arrange dates quickly, and you can be flexible with your dates/times, we can usually offer dates/test appointments with only around 5 - 7 days notice, subject to the DVSA availability of Driving Test. (Regretfully, since lockdown the notice period has grown, so please bear with us if the DVSA cannot supply appointments quickly).
Why B+E tests are conducted by senior DVSA examiners at the Lorry & Bus Driving Test Centre?
Examiners want you to show the same high standards of driving as a Lorry or Bus driver (which is much more than required to pass a car driving test).
Our instructors are qualified and NRI / NVDIR accredited.
More than a car instructor, they know what's required and will teach you how to gain this higher standard to pass your B+E test.
What does the B+E test involve?
DVSA test is a full driving test over a 20-25 mile route on a wide variety of roads and various driving situations such as roundabouts, road junctions, meeting on-coming traffic, dual and single carriageways etc. You also completing a practical demonstration of hitching and unhitching the trailer and an exercise at the DVSA centre to show your reversing and manoeuvring skills.
Examiners also check your vision. So before booking make sure your eyesight (with or without glasses/lenses) meet the required standards Check www.gov.uk/driving-eyesight-rules
How can I prepare?
We recommend you Refresh your Highway Code knowledge
Especially helpful for drivers who passed their car test outside the UK.
And learning the study Show me, Tell me and other study material we will provide.
For Prices & Details
click on a photo below
Training is available across London and around the M25. Current HGV/LGV venues:
Battersea, Bedford, Croydon, Dartford, Enfield, Harlow (Brentwood), Heathrow, High Wycombe, Guildford, London / Park Royal, Luton, Oxford, Reading, Slough, Watford and Wembley