HGV Driver Training
- 4 hours per day, 1 to 1 training - Just you, your instructor and the training vehicle
- Choice of 4, 5 and 6 day courses including 2 hours warm-up before and vehicle for local test
- Automatic HGV / LGV's at all Wallace Locations. Manual truck also at Slough
- Training from 6am throughout the day. Evening & weekends by arrangement.
- No Waiting for Tests. Our DVSA Booking Facility means your course and test follow one after the other
4 day Auto Course
3 days training & test on 4th day
For drivers with lots of recent 7.5t experience
5 day Auto Course
4 days training & test on 5th day
For drivers with a little or lapsed 7.5t experience or lots of recent 3.5t experience
6 day Auto Course
5 days training & test on 6th day
Suitable for all drivers.
REMEMBER there's no substitute for training / driving time behind the wheel
- Orange & Purple Packages include discounted re-sit.
- Or arrange a course and only book a re-sit if you need to.
After passing LGV C want LGV C+E (HGV Class 1)?
Our Purple Package is for back-to-back training and test.
Examiners allow you to use a drawbar or articulated vehicle, and your LGV CE shows on your licence exactly the same no matter which you pass with.
Click here to see why passing on a Draw-Bar Vehicle takes less time and costs less moneyand how to get your
FREE Articulated familiarisation lesson when you choose the Draw-Bar option.
To work with LGV/HGV licence you need DRIVER CPC
Car 'B' licence drivers must pass TWO tests to get a Driver Qualification Card (DQC)
- Module 2 - Case Study Theory Test and
- Module 4 - 30 minute Practical Demonstration Vehicle Walk Round Test
On the Practical Demo Test Day:
- Practical Demonstration Training group sessions at our Park Royal Centre (last approx 2hrs) when we teach you how to talk and explain to your examiner that you know how to thoroughly check your vehicle, demonstrate its equipment is legal and fit for work, and that it is ready for the road.
- LGV drivers practice on the same Load Securing Demonstration Trolley that is used on the test.
- Your examiner will test you on:
- Ability to load the vehicle with due regard for safety rules and proper vehicle use
- Security of your vehicle and its contents
- Ability to prevent criminality and trafficking in illegal immigrants
- Ability to assess emergency situations
- Ability to prevent physical risk
Usually the lesson and test is on the same day. Bring your driving licence and your Mod 2 Pass Certificate to show to the examiner.
We also offer 1-to-1 lesson and test at time and date to suit you, including Sundays. Call for quote.
After passing Module 2 & 4 your Driver Qualification Card is sent direct by DVLA
Discount Price for Wallace Customers and
Demo Test Guaranteed Pass
For customers leaving a £300 deposit on their Quick Start Package Medical day we offer:
- Free Driver CPC Learning Material worth £50
- Discount Price Demo Lesson & DVSA Test £269 (Normal Price £299)
DEMO TEST GUARANTEED PASS
We are confident our training will result in a PASS, and we aim for 1st time!
We do not charge for re-sitting / re-joining the lesson and supply our vehicle for another weekday test AT NOT CHARGE
Just pay the DVSA test fee £55 to retake the booking again.
Drivers who passed UK car test before January 1997 can choose to get their first Driver Qualification Card (DQC) by taking 35 hours training
Training is available across London and around the M25. Current HGV/LGV venues:
Battersea, Bedford, Croydon, Dartford, Enfield, Harlow (Brentwood), Heathrow, High Wycombe, Guildford, London / Park Royal, Luton, Oxford, Reading, Slough, Watford and Wembley