HGV Driver Training
To work with LGV/HGV licence you need DRIVER CPC
To obtain a Driver Qualification Card (DQC)
Pass TWO tests*
- Driver CPC Part (Mod) 2 - Case Study Theory Test and
- Driver CPC Part (Mod) 4 - Practical Demo & Walk Round Test
Practical Demo Test Day (Mod 4) :
- Practical Demonstration Training group session (approx 2 hrs) at our Park Royal Centre. We teach you how to talk and explain to your examiner that you know how to thoroughly check your vehicle, demonstrate its equipment is legal and fit for work, and that it is ready for the road.
- LGV drivers practice on the same Load Securing Demonstration Trolley that is used on the test.
- Lesson and test usually on the same day.
- Your examiner will test you on:
- Ability to load the vehicle with due regard for safety rules and proper vehicle use
- Security of your vehicle and its contents
- Ability to prevent criminality and trafficking in illegal immigrants
- Ability to assess emergency situations
- Ability to prevent physical risk
Bring your driving licence and your Driver CPC Case Study Pass Certificate to show to the examiner.
After passing Module 2 & 4 your Driver Qualification Card is sent direct by DVLA
For customers leaving a £300 deposit on their Quick Start Deal Medical day we offer -Free Driver CPC Learning Material worth £50
*Drivers who passed UK car test before January 1997 and hold C1 by exemption can their Driver Qualification Card (DQC) by taking 35 hours training
- DRIVER TRAINING COURSE DETAILS
- 4 hours per day, 1 to 1 training - Just you, your instructor and the training vehicle
- Choice of courses including 2 hours warm-up before and vehicle for local test
- Automatic HGV / LGV's at all Wallace Locations. Manual truck also at Slough
- Reversing practice and DVSA 3a Reversing Test included in training and fees
- Training from 6am throughout the day. Evening & weekends by arrangement.
- No Waiting for Tests. Our DVSA Booking Facility means your course and test follow one after the other
Specially built for you, our trucks are easy to drive
- Truck of the Year Award Winning DAF LF55
- Well positioned, easy to use controls
- Smooth riding, low noise & pollution levels, good visibility
- LGV C (HGV Class 2) 8.25m long for easy manoeuvrability
- Exhaust brake, anti-lock brakes
- Electrically adjustable heated mirrors, air suspended cloth seats, electric windows and air conditioning
- Reversing camera to make it easy to reverse
LGV C (old HGV Class 2) to drive Rigid Trucks up to 32 tonnes
Want Pass Protection? See our Packages with a Pass Protection offer.
- Orange & Purple & Blue Packages including discount re-sit
- Or take just a course, booking a re-sit only if you need to.
Examiners allow you to use a drawbar or articulated vehicle, and your LGV CE shows on your licence exactly the same no matter which you pass with.
We recommend Car drivers to use a Drawbar, not an Articulated Vehicle, to gain C+E licence. And remember you can add Driver Development / Familiarisation with an Articulated Vehicle after you've passed on a Drawbar to get the feel of the Artic without the pressure getting to test standard with it.
LGV CE ( HGV Class 1) - DrawBar Combination
LGV CE ( HGV Class 1) - Articulated Vehicle
Click here to see choice of C+E courses from 5 days
Training is available across London and around the M25. Current HGV/LGV venues:
Battersea, Bedford, Croydon, Dartford, Enfield, Harlow (Brentwood), Heathrow, High Wycombe, Guildford, London / Park Royal, Luton, Oxford, Reading, Slough, Watford and Wembley