Bus and Coach - PCV Driver Training
Wallace Training & Test Centre - Slough (near Heathrow)
We have our own reversing facility. Your DVSA examiner will meet you at our Slough Centre.
Driving tests take place on the same roads, from the same centre, as your training.
- 1 to 1, just you, your instructor and the training vehicle
- 3 hours per day
- On day of test, 2 hours warm-up session and use of vehicle for local test
- Training from 6am and weekends by arrangement
- No Waiting for Tests – our DVSA Trainer Booking Facility means your course and test follow one after the other.
- Reversing Training and 3a Reversing Test is included in course and in fees.
- NRI, NVDIR and DVSA Accreditations - Qualified Instructors & Quality Training.
Modern Buses & Coaches, like our training vehicles, are Automatics.
Drivers with a manual car licence who pass on our Auto Buses can drive all types of buses, coaches and minibuses after passing.
Self-Select your Training Course
Unsure which is best for you?
Drive one of our buses. Get some advice from your instructor.
4 hour Review / Evaluation Lesson-£350 inc VAT
After Review / Evaluation Lesson, pay a £300 deposit to book your course, on the same day, and we will take £60 OFF your course fee and give you FREE Driver CPC Theory Study Material worth £50.
Existing 'D' Licence but need Refresher, Re-familiarisation and Practice Sessions?
Inexperienced driver? Got a bus or coach licence some time ago? Unfamiliar with UK roads?
Improve or refresh driving skills- each 4 hours - £350 inc VAT.
Just you and your instructor with one of our training vehicles to gain confidence and experience handling a vehicle typically in use at one of the TfL London Bus Companies. A letter for Proof of Refresher Training is available, to show a prospective employer on interview/test drive (ask at time of making booking).
Not your your Provisional? See our Quick Start Deal
When with us for your Quick Start Deal, pay a £300 deposit, to book a course and get:
- FREE Driver CPC Study Material, worth £50
Already passed Module 1 theory?
Pay a deposit of £300 now and you will receive FREE Module 2 Driver CPC Theory Study Material worth £50
Get your Driver Qualification Card to be a Working Driver
- Module 2 - Driver CPC Case Study Theory Test (click here to by the training material, if you decide not to take up our Quick Start Deal offer)
- Module 4 - Driver CPC Practical Demonstration Test - Our lesson before your DVSA test will teach you everything you need to learn about the Walk Round Vehicle Test
On Mod 4 Practical Demonstration Test you will tested on:
- Ability to load the vehicle with due regard for safety rules and proper vehicle use
- Security of your vehicle and its contents
- Ability to prevent criminality and trafficking in illegal immigrants
- Ability to assess emergency situations
- Ability to prevent physical risk
WALLACE Qualified Instructors
Wallace instructors are chosen for their personal qualities as well as driving and instructional experience and professional qualifications including NRI & NVDIR (DVSA approved and recognised qualifications). They have the patience, understanding, industry knowledge and teaching skills to help drivers of all abilities.
London Bus companies currently have around 350 vacancies for fully qualified bus drivers. Ask at our office for contact details of bus and coach operators who are looking to recruit.
There are plenty of opportunities for work as a bus or coach driver. For example, all London's Red Buses and all of National Express Coaches are automatics.
How do I Start?
Take it STEP by STEP
Prices include VAT and DVSA test fees
Training is available across London and around the M25. Current HGV/LGV venues:
Battersea, Bedford, Croydon, Dartford, Enfield, Harlow (Brentwood), Heathrow, High Wycombe, Guildford, London / Park Royal, Luton, Oxford, Reading, Slough, Watford and Wembley
Wallace School of Transport is an introducer appointed representative of Phoenix Financial Consultants Limited ("Phoenix"). Phoenix is a credit broker that is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Financial Services Register No. 539195) which offers finance for home improvement projects from its panel of lenders. All finance subject to status and credit checks.