I passed my bus licence first time as a result of the excellent training from Jon and Krishna who patiently built my confidence and skill in a very enjoyable way. ThanksJohn Duff
Why is learning with an Automatic so much easier than a Manual Vehicle?
Wallace Vehicles are latest models so the gear box works in harmony with the engine.
Wallace Vehicles are only 8.25 meters long and are fitted with camera’s which makes taking sharp corners and practicing the reverse exercise easy.
As you have a manual car licence, when you take your training and pass your test using Automatic truck you will get a HGV / LGV licence and be able to drive Manual and Automatic vehicles.
No need to learn a Range Change Gear Box
- No High and Low Buttons to get confused over
- No matching revs / speed to select correct gear
- No assessing or decision making required to try to work out the correct gear (out of 9 or more gears) for any particular driving situation.
- No need to learn about correct way to ‘block’ gear change
No distractions at Roundabouts or Road Junctions
- No need to practice for hours to get the right speed to select the right gear for difficult junctions.
- Easily adjust your speed when approaching road junctions without the need to predict which gear to select to be clear to go.
- No need go over and over again, learning the correct gears (up or down the gear box) for complicated roundabouts that have multiple lanes and exits.
- Give your full attention to lane discipline and other road users especially cyclists
Concentrate on steering and positioning
- No gear stick means when driving your hands can always be in the correct pull and push ’10 to 2’ position on the steering wheel
- Easily negotiate hazards (like parked vehicles, overhanging shop blinds and traffic bollards) as your concentration is not diluted thinking about correct gear selection.
- Gain confidence with the width and size of a larger vehicle without distraction
Concentrate on mirrors and blind spots
- Little chance of failing a test due to missed mirror checks because no gears means no added distractions.
- No forgetting to check blind spots at appropriate times (as can happen if drivers are maxed out operating vehicle controls/gears).
Concentrate on driving to the test pattern
- Learn to drive the way your Examiner wants, without the burden of learning to ‘handle’ gears
- Get the maximum benefit from your instructors training as you won’t be so physically tired toward the end of each lesson
Many companies now choose to operate Auto Trucks because they get:
- Improved fuel consumption, lower pollution emissions and reduced maintenance costs, which means their vehicles are working for longer and costing them less to run.
Print Screen of Gov.UK website confirming changes in rules