After a bit of research, I ended up choosing Wallace and I'm glad I did. My first phone call was very informative and I had only to choose when to start the training. Got all the books from them, studied everything and passed my theory test first time. Went to do some practical training with Gerry the instructor and got my skills polished to a very high standard. Anticipate, not react. The best advice I could ever get. Passed my practical first time and also the following CPC theory and practical tests. If someone asks me where to go for a truck licence, my answer is 1000 times Wallace School of Transport. They care for you as if you were family. That counts more than anything.Mr Augusto Barale
Wallace School of Transport (WST)
8 Steele Road, Park Royal,NW10 7AR Tel: 020 8453 3440 Fax: 020 8453 3441
Driver CPC Periodic Training Booking Terms
Driver CPC Periodic Training Booking Terms effective 1/5/15
1. Drivers must bring and show at pre-course registration a valid Driver Qualification Card (DQC), if drivers do not have a DQC the following applies:
a) Drivers who obtained their LGV or PCV before introduction of the Driver CPC (Sept 2008 for PCV, or Sept 2009 for LGV) but do not hold a blue Driver Qualification Card (DQC) may attend training providing they hold a valid UK photocard driving licence, make sure the photograph has not expired (see 4B) and that the card shows the valid qualification (C1 and or C/CE for LGV) (D1 or D for PCV).
b) If presenting an old style paper licence drivers must be accompany the paper licence with a valid UK Passport.
c) Failure to attend without DQC (or, if relevant, valid photocard licence, or paper licence and valid passport) will result in the termination of that days training and no refund of fees or re-arrangement of the day will be available.
d) If a driver acquired a vocational licence after the introduction of Driver CPC (Sept 2008 for PCV, or Sept 2009 for LGV) and does not hold a blue Driver Qualification Card (DQC) then it will be assumed the driver will need to acquire Initial Driver CPC. The onus to check such requirement rests with the driver or client making the Driver CPC Periodic booking.
3. Non UK Licence holders must provide evidence of residency (utility bills) or employment (employer statement) covering a period of six months prior to commencement of training to attend training. Non UK drivers cannot be uploaded to DVSA but will need to retain certificate as proof of attendance and complete a paper application form (available from DVSA) and pay DVSA fee to obtain their Driver Qualification Card.
4. When sponsored by a company, Periodic Training hours taken within work hours count towards Drivers Hours please take this into account when planning drivers’ attendance.
5. We recommend drivers take a range of subjects, although we will not restrict a driver attending for the same subject more than once.
6. Towards the end of our seminar drivers will be asked to complete a simple assessment and a short evaluation of training. Please indicate prior to training if the driver has any specific learning needs (by writing details at the side of their name of the booking form).
7. After the seminar we upload the drivers’ details to the DVSA website and a Certificate / Record of Attendance.
1. Under our Fair Processing Notice we must therefore inform you /your organisation that drivers data details will be shared with the DVSA & RTITB, for the purpose of recording completed training hours.
2. In all instances bookings are subject to our standard terms of business (see www.wallaceschool.co.uk for full details of our terms)
3. If a request is received at least 3 working days in advance, we are happy to substitute drivers for dates already confirmed (i.e. swap a different driver into an existing confirmed booking)
4. For Park Royal training, if a request is received at least 15 working days in advance we will amend and rearrange the training stated on the booking form, however we reserve the right to charge an additional £50 handling charge per driver, per re-arranged training day, before alternative booking arrangements can be made.
5. For On-Site at Client Premises or Whole Day Booking at Park Royal (for multiple drivers) if a request is received at least 15 working days in advance then we are happy to deliver an alternative date without charge.
6. In the case of a driver’s lateness, poor time keeping or leaving training early, non-attendance for any reason or termination of lesson due to disruptive behaviour (for example), we will not refund either the DVSA, Certificate or Training fees or issue a certificate of attendance and will be unable to transfer the training day without charge.
7. In the case of sickness and subsequent non-attendance of a training day then the training, certificate & DVSA fees are non-refundable. However, if supported by a doctor’s certificate we will, without charge, provide a future date of our choosing (not a Saturday) which may be offered at short notice. If you prefer to select a specific date (including Saturday) to re-attend we will charge for the training day again at current rates plus any top-up costs if DVSA Upload and Certificate fees have increased.
8. As soon as the booking form is received, WST will confirm bookings by the issuing our invoice and joining instructions.
9. Our invoice/receipt will state the DSA upload fee which is VAT exempt. We charge VAT on certificate of
attendance and training fees at the rate applicable at time of invoice.
10. Payment is due at time of making a booking and must be paid within 30 days of the date of invoice.
11. We reserve the right to retain Periodic Certificates if payment for training is not received.