After a bit of research, I ended up choosing Wallace and I'm glad I did. My first phone call was very informative and I had only to choose when to start the training. Got all the books from them, studied everything and passed my theory test first time. Went to do some practical training with Gerry the instructor and got my skills polished to a very high standard. Anticipate, not react. The best advice I could ever get. Passed my practical first time and also the following CPC theory and practical tests. If someone asks me where to go for a truck licence, my answer is 1000 times Wallace School of Transport. They care for you as if you were family. That counts more than anything.Mr Augusto Barale
Approved and Qualified
Wallace instructors qualifications and the school's certificates are proudly on display in our reception at Park Royal
We have our own training vehicles, our instructors are qualified and as a company we are accredited & approved and have qualified instructors with certification from:
NRI - National Register of Large Goods Vehicle Driving Instructors
NVDIR - National Vocational Driving Instructors Register
DVSA - Driving Vehicle Standards Agency
RTITB - Road Transport Industry Training Board
ITSSAR - Independent Training Standards Skills and Register
Jaupt - Joint Approvals Unit for Periodic Training
We receive annual and spot visits from accrediting bodies so you can be sure we consistently meet the quality assurance they require, including checks to make sure:
- Our vehicles are taxed and fully maintained with proven history of manufacturers service records
- Our instructors are trained and qualified (with each accrediting body, and re-qualify every 5 years) and we regularly monitor their performance to ensure they deliver proper and correct training at all times
- Our training facilities are inspected and are 'fit for purpose' meeting all Health and Safety requirements
- Our Company and Management comply with all statutory and legal requirements including annual renewal of our Credit Licence and Data Protection Certificate
Wallace has NRI & NVDIR qualified instructors & RTITB accreditations and provides training at clients premises or at our fully resourced training locations.
But don't just take our word for it.
Click on the below links to see our approval listings:
Aren't all schools and instructors qualified?
There is no legal requirement to be a qualified HGV/LGV or PCV instructor, so it's important to ask to see an instructors certificate as proof, don't just rely on what someone says over the phone. Just because a manager of the school might have their qualification, and may show a 'recognised' logo on their website but doesn't mean the instructor doing your training would be qualified.
Aren't all training companies regulated?
There is no legal requirement for the 'seller' driver training to have training vehicles or instructors. Some companies are brokers or agents, they simply arrange your booking with someone else. And after they have taken their commission, they are not bothered about the quality of training or the standards of the training vehicles.
How to tell if company is good training school
- Visit the school's office - do they have one?
- Ask to see their training vehicles - are they old / dirty / run down?
- Ask to see their reversing practice area - they may not have any facilities in place?
- Ask to see the instructors certificates & proof of qualifications - do they have any? Are they just for cars?
- Ask to see the vehicle insurance policies
- How long have they been established? Check their listing at Companies House through the internet. When did they start trading? Have the directors had several other directorships in similar companies that have reformed every few years?
- Ask other drivers - Reputable schools are well know by people who already have their licence
- Ask Transport Managers - they will happy to tell you of local established training schools that have a good reputation and high pass rate.