Train to Gain
Train to Gain was part of the Governments Solutions for Business, a wide portfolio of highly targeted, publicly funded business support products and services designed to help eligible English businesses grow and succeed.
Wallace School of Transport can help your business by sourcing funding to pay for NVQ certification and other training and certification for you, your staff and workers. Improve both your company’s productivity and competitiveness when your workforce is equipped with skills and abilities to do the job and play a key role in your company's future growth and success.
The aims of Train to Gain:
- aims to meet the needs of employers of all sizes and from all sectors to improve the skills of their employees as a route to improving their business performance.
- aims to encourage all businesses and individuals to value and realise the benefits that learning and skills can bring.
- it is a valuable resource for employers, unlocking employees’ potential and increasing company productivity.
- A broad range of training is covered – from basic level skills to Level 2, Level 3 and other higher-level skills such as Leadership and Management.
For small and medium-sized businesses, it can be hard to give staff the training time and support they need to obtain qualifications, and particularly when profit margins are getting squeezed – Train to Gain can help. Small and medium-sized businesses are the government's top priority. And now it’s even easier for small businesses to carry on developing their staff with short courses. Eligibility rules apply.
Through Train to Gain the qualifications on offer are:
- Impartial Information, Advice and Guidance for all your business needs
- Skills for Life - Numeracy and Literacy support up to Level 2 including National Tests
- Level 2 NVQ in Driving Goods Vehicles including partially funded LGV Driver Training where necessary
- Level 2 NVQ in SPMO Fork Lift Truck Operations including FREE FLT Operator Training where necessary
- Level 2 NVQ in Storage and Warehousing including FREE FLT Operator Training where necessary
- Level 2 NVQ in Carry and Deliver Goods including FREE FLT Operator Training where necessary
NVQs can help your business improve with:
- Improved productivity, efficiency and profitability
- Increased knowledge in role, company and product
- Work effectively with minimal supervision
- Increased flexibility and decreased absences
- Improved competitiveness in your market
- Reduction in errors and mistakes
- Improved loyalty and retention
With new initiatives and developments regarding the funding of training, through Skills for Logistics and the Apprenticship Programme for example, some of the previous programmes have changed or no longer exist.