Telescopic Materials Handler / Telehandler
Wallace School of Transport provides all the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating the Telehandler safely.
At the conclusion of the course operators will:
- Be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers' instructions and accepted good practice.
- Carry out a pre-shift inspection.
- Be able to load and unload vehicles and static racking.
- Understand the causes of instability of the truck and loads.
- Have an understanding of responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Order & other current relevant legislation.
Candidates will participate in theory lessons and practical demonstrations/exercises, all of which are supported by the use of the OHP & Videos covering:
- An Introduction to the Construction Industry
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
- Health and Safety at Work Order
- Other current relevant regulations
- Introduction to machine
- Pre-shift inspections
- Controls and instruments
- Components and main types of lift trucks
- Re-fuelling systems
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems
- Emergency controls
- Manoeuvring over uneven ground
- Operators safety code
- Handling loaded/unloaded pallets and difficult shaped loads
- Loading and Unloading flat bed lorries and at various heights
- Above qualifications are delivered on our behalf by Mainport
Before enrolling on this course, candidates must pass the CSCS Basic Operators touch screen theory test to obtain a Health & Safety Certificate which must be no older than 16 months at the time of training.