Signaller Slinger Banksman
Every year a number of people are killed and seriously injured on company sites due to a lack of training and supervision in manoeuvring activities in the workplace.
Training is an essential first step in reducing damage and injury.
Slinger Signaller Training
Do you or your employees need to learn the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in slinging loads and guiding cranes?
The course includes training and exams in theory lessons and practical demonstrations/exercises, assisted by the use of the OHP & Videos covering:
- An Introduction to the Construction Industry
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations
- Health and Safety at Work Order
- Other current relevant regulations
- Code of signals
- How to calculate safe working loads
- Effects of varying the angles of multi-leg slings
- Hazards associated with crane operation and how to avoid them
During the course operators will learn how to:
- Establish the weight and dimensions of loads and communicate this information to the crane operator
- Select, attach and detach appropriate lifting tackle
- Direct the actions of a crane moving loads by giving clear signals to ensure safety of personnel and plant
- Determine the serviceability of tackle and how to maintain and store it correctly
- Have an understanding of responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Order & other current relevant legislation
Before enrolling on this course, candidates must pass the Basic Operators touch screen test to obtain a CSCS Operative Theory regarding Health and Safety Certificate which must be no older than 16 months at the time of sitting training.
Our Banksman course is designed to provide information and practice to help employees and employers meet their legal requirements and reduce the risk of expensive accidents when carrying out vehicle & plant manoeuvres in the workplace.
PUWER1998 (9) requires all people who guide such equipment, to receive adequate training to supervise/manage its safe use.
Therefore any person (Banksman/yardman) who is responsible or employed to assisting in the manoeuvring and loading/unloading vehicles or machines in any working activity should attend this training.
Our 6 day course covers current Legislation - (HASAWA 1974/PUWER 1998/Safety Signs & Signals Regs 1996)
Training includes videos for the delegates to gain an understanding of the roles of the driver and Banksman and the key issues that arise out of reversing and manoeuvring vehicles. The instructor will identify areas of danger for reversing vehicles, demonstrate recommended HSE code of signals and reversing procedures and practice with delegates and finish with issuing delegates with an operator’s handbook.
At the conclusion of training, the instructor will undertake a Theoretical Assessment and Practical Assessment of the operators understanding and on successful completion of the course issue a CITB certificate as recognised by the H & S executive for working on building sites.
For details of costs and availabilty please phone our office
We also provide Yardman/Vehicle Reversing Banksman ITSSAR Certification, which can usually be conducted in one day.