Powered Access Training
Scissor Lift & Boom/Cherry Pickers/Mobile Elevated Work Platforms
The Wallace School of Transport one to two day course provides the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating the MEWP safely.
At the conclusion of the course operators will:
- Be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers' instructions and accepted good practice.
- Site and operate machine safely in relation to task.
- Be able to carry out minor adjustments and routine services.
- Have an understanding of responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Order and other current relevant legislation.
Candidates will participate in theory lessons and practical demonstrations/exercises, all of which are supported by the use of the OHP & Videos covering:
- An Introduction to the Construction Industry
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations
- Health and Safety at Work Order
- Other current relevant regulations
- Introduction to machine
- Pre-shift inspections
- Controls and instruments
- Operators Code of Safe Practice
- Components and types of Mobile Elevating Work Platforms
- Limitation of use
- Moving and locating machine
- Emergency controls
- Servicing and Inspection Testing
Certification is completed through the nationally recognised International Powered Access Federation(IPAF) and you will receive a Powered Access Licence (PAL) which is recognised by the Major Constructors Group and is renewable every 5 years.
All successful attendees will receive a nationally recognised qualification which meets the current health and safety requirements. The Powered Access Licence (PAL) is valid for a period of five years and are accepted by the major contractors group (MCG). The above qualifications are delivered on our behalf by Charles Wilson.