Forward Tipping Dumper
Forward Tipping Dumper Truck
The Wallace School of Transport course provides the basic knowledge and practical skills involved in operating a Forward Tipping Dumper Truck safely.
At the conclusion of the course, operators will:
- Be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers' instructions and accepted good practice.
- Understand the causes of instability of the truck and the load.
- Carry out a pre-shift inspection.
- Be able to operate safely under varying site conditions.
- Be able to position the vehicle for loading from & dumping into excavations etc.
- Have an understanding of responsibilities under Health and Safety at Work Order & other current relevant legislation.
The course consists of theory lessons and practical demonstrations/exercises, all of which are supported by the use of the OHP & Videos covering:
- An Introduction to the Construction Industry
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations
- Health and Safety at Work Order
- Other current relevant regulations
- Introduction to machine
- Pre - shift inspections
- Controls and instruments
- Coolant, fuel and lubrication systems
- Trenching, back-filling, levelling and marking out
- Excavating deep and shallow excavation
- Other associated construction activities
- Explanation of attachments
- The above qualifications are delivered on our behalf by Main port.
Before enrolling on this course, candidates must pass the CSCS Basic Operators touch screen theory test to obtain a Health & Safety Certificate which must be no older than 16 months at the time of training.